Relics from the Front since 2010
  • German Wehrmacht wicker 11 round shell carry basket for 3.7 pak 36 anti tank gun used by the 116th Panzer Division recovered from abandoned German vehicles after the war in Mont near Houffalize ,Ardennes Forest,battle of the Bulge 1944-1945

    £38.00
    Free Shipping!
    There is only 1 item left in stock.
    This is a very unusual find a German Wehrmacht wicker made 11 round shell carry basket for the 3.7 pak 36 anti tank gun.There were not that many made of this wicker shell carry crates compered to the number of wood and metal made ones this one is not complete it is missing its top some of the wicker is damaged and dirty from being stored for 70 odd years but it is still very solid not braking up or falling apart even has leather and cloth made parts still attached and they are solid.The carry basket is in very nice condition for a recovered relic and is perfect for display or any collection. This carry basket with other parts were taken from a abandoned German vehicles after the war in the village of Mont which is just North of Houffalize all the vehicles belonged to the 116th Panzer Division.It was taken of the vehicle properly in around 1946-1948 by a local farmer who was taking the parts of vehicles for use on his farm the basket its self along with other bits of equipment were found in a outbuilding by a local collector who bought them from the farm ans had them in his private collection until 2018 when they left the Ardennes area for the first time since the war.This is a very nice relic from the Ardennes Forest campaign during the battle of the Bulge in the winter of 1944-1945.This real bit of history from this famous battle which was Hitlers last offensive in the West and comes with 2X A5 laminated information sheet with pictures and diagrams.

    THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING. FOR INTERNATIONAL BUYERS IT IS AT A REDUCED RATE. PLEASE ASK BEFORE PURCHASE.


    The 116th Panzer Division, also known as the "Windhund (Greyhound) Division", was an armoured formation that was constituted in the Rhineland and Westphalia areas of western Germany in March 1944 from the remnants of the 16th Panzergrenadier Division, and the 179th Reserve Panzer Division. The 16th had suffered heavy casualties in combat on the Eastern Front near Stalingrad, and the 179th was a second-line formation that had been on occupation duty in France since 1943.

    The 116th Panzer Division participated in the failed Ardennes offensive. On the 10th December 1944 in the days before the offensive started it was partly refitted, with 26 Panzer 4 Tanks and 43 Panther Tanks and 25 Jagdpanther tank destroyers (of which 13 were combat ready). However, it was still missing much of its organic transport. Initially stalled by the resistance and then poor bridges in attacks to cross the Our River at Luetzkampen and Ouren it back-tracked to march through Belgium from Dasburg to Houffalize. The division then fought its way as the middle spearhead of the advance on the Meuse from Samree to La Roche. It was then involved in heavy fighting at Hotton and Verdenne, where it was turned back at its furthest advance in the Ardennes. It later held the Allies at bay for other units to retreat, before being withdrawn over the Rhine in March 1945.Its commander was General Siegfried von Waldenburg for the Ardennes offensive and until the 18 April 1945 when the majority of the division was forced to surrender to the U.S. Ninth Army, having been trapped in the Ruhr Pocket.

    Image result for German 3.7 pak 36 anti tank gun