Relics from the Front Since 2010
  • German steel made flak 88 anti-aircraft or anti-tank gun shell case with some markings and battle damage impact holes solid relic condition used by soldiers of the 20th Panzergrenadier Division recovered near Potsdam,battle of Berlin in April 1945

    £40.00
    Free Shipping!
    There is only 1 item left in stock.

    THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING AND UK AND EUROPE SHIPPING ONLY

    This is a German steel made shell case for the flak 36/37/41 the famous 8.8cm anti aircraft and anti tank gun used on all fronts by the German army. The case is steel made which has battle damage large impact holes and hits it is in relic but solid condition the rare bit is it still has some of its original maker markings that can be seen partly clear on the bottom it has only a few small pin prick rust holes which is rare to get such a good condition steel case from the battlefield it has been very well cleaned it is perfect to display or any collection and is empty and inert. The German shell case was recovered from the Defensive positions used by the 20th Panzergrenadier Division which are North-East of Potsdam the German defence line for the battle of Berlin in April 1945 the fighting in last days of the Reich and defence of the Capital against the Russians.The case comes with 2X A5 laminated information cardS.

    The 20th Panzergrenadier Division was formed on June 23, 1943 by renaming and reorganizing the 20th Infantry Division (mot). The division was refreshed in terms of personnel and material in preparation for Operation "Zitadelle". At the beginning of July 1943, the division was transferred to the 2nd Panzer Army in the area west of Orel. During Operation "Zitadelle", the German offensive at Kursk, the division was first an OKH reserve and was then used north of Kursk. After the German offensive was broken off, the division found itself in heavy defensive fighting around and north-west of Orel. At the end of September 1943, the division was transferred to the north wing of Army Group South. In the bend of the Dnieper north of Kyiv. Then fought defensive battles though out late 1943 early 1944 retreating back to Germany . Between August and mid-November 1944, the division marched to the Vistula and was then used in the battles for the city and the Russian bridgehead of Baranov. In December 1944 the division was refreshed at Kielce. Between mid-March and mid-April 1945, the division was engaged in heavy defensive fighting on the middle Oder and around Küstrin. From April 16, 1945, the division was used in the centre of the German defence against the Russian attack on Berlin starting out in defensive line North-East of Potsdam this is where they had heavy casualties from the fighting against the Russians the remains of The division was pushed back in to the city itself with the remnants surrendering to the Americans in May 1945.

    The use of captured German 88-mm anti-aircraft guns