THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING AND UK SHIPPING ONLY
This is a rare find from the battlefield a German MP44 machine gun which is the front section with magaine which is empty of all ammunition it has no wood left at all and is deactivated by condition obviously plain to see not complete also the barrel is blocked in side as well and no moving parts they have all completely rusted solid and broken in some places. The machine gun section is in nice condition for a relic rusty and pitted it has been very nicely cleaned and is in very solid condition and a nice one for the collection perfect for display. The machine gun was used by soldier in Panzer-Division Müncheberg recovered from an old German Slip trench in the Werbig area this was defended by them on the Seelow heights,April 1945 battle. This rifle is part of a group of relics recovered a few years ago and been in private collection ever since available for the first time outside Germany. The rifle comes with 2x laminated A5 information cards with pictures.
Panzer-Division Müncheberg began forming on 8 March 1945 in Muncheberg, Germany. The majority of the division's staff and panzer troops were drawn from the 103rd Panzer brigade which had been dissolved three days before; the brigade's commander, Major General Werner Mummert, was placed in command of the division.
The Müncheberg Division received several Panther tank type G equipped with Sperber infrared(IR) systems, as well as a company of Panzer grenadiers equipped with Sperber IR systems. The division received several of the super heavy Jagdtigers, as well as several King Tigers, and the last five Tiger 1 to be sent to the front. By 12 March the division's strength was 6,836 men. On 18 March the men from an infantry battalion of the Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler division were used to bolster the division's strength.