This is a glass framed soldiers boot heel and two small tins one is complete the other is the lid. The parts still retain some of there original colours and have been very well cleaned and are perfect for display or any collection the parts have been mounted in to a glass fronted box frame which is 11 inches long by 9 inches wide in size with nice pictures. The relics were recovered from the forest outside of the town of Wiltz on the Belgium-Luxembourg border the area was attacked and captured by the German 5th Parachute Division on 16-18th December 1944 during the German offensive in the Ardennes Forest the battle of the bulge in the winter of 1944-1945. A very nice and unusual group of relics from this famous battle and Hitler's last big offensive of the war.
German 5th Parachute Division was a fallschirmjager (paratroop) division in the German Luftwaffe it was formed in France in early 1944, commanded by Gustav Wilke and was the last division to receive near full fallschirmjäger training. It contained the 13th, 14th and 15th Fallschirmjäger Regiments, and the 5th Fallschirmjäger Artillery Regiment. For the Ardennes offensive it was in the German 7th Army part of the 85th infantry Division attacking on the southern flank of the attack towards Luxembourg.
THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING. FOR INTERNATIONAL BUYERS IT IS A REDUCED RATE PLEASE ASK BEFORE PURCHASE.