This is a very rare find from the battlefield a German Tiger 1 near complete track link which has been ripped off in an explosion it has a clear brake where it was hit it still has some cleats on it clear to see and a very reganiasable item. The link section which is 21 inches long and is rusty but still very solid it is relic but has cleaned up very well and is perfect for display or any collection and so very rare to get from the battlefield especially this size of link section and condition. This link section is from a Tiger 1 tank in Panzer-Division Müncheberg from possibly one of the last 5 tigers ever sent to Eastern front during the last days of the war. The track link was recovered from the site of a destroyed Tiger tank in the Werbig area on the Seelow heights this was the area defended by them on the April 1945 battlefield the opening battle for Berlin. The relic comes with A5 laminated information cards with pictures.
Panzer-Division Müncheberg began forming on 8 March 1945 in Muncheberg, Germany. The majority of the division's staff and panzer troops were drawn from the 103rd Panzer brigade which had been dissolved three days before; the brigade's commander, Major General Werner Mummert, was placed in command of the division.
The Müncheberg Division received several Panther tank type G equipped with Sperber infrared(IR) systems, as well as a company of Panzer grenadiers equipped with Sperber IR systems. The division received several of the super heavy Jagdtigers, as well as several King Tigers, and the last five Tiger 1 to be sent to the front. By 12 March the division's strength was 6,836 men. On 18 March the men from an infantry battalion of the Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler division were used to bolster the division's strength.
German tiger tank of Panzer Division Muncheberg in April 1945