Relics from the Front Since 2010
  • German motorcycle side car machine gun mount with white camouflage paintwork remains used by the 5th Parachute Division recovered in the forest outside Wiltz on the Belgium-Luxembourg border in the Ardennes Forest battle of the bulge 1944-1945

    £55.00
    Free Shipping!
    There is only 1 item left in stock.

    This is a very rare find from the battlefield a German motorcycle side car machine gun mount used by the 5th Parachute Division. This is the mount that connected the gun to the side car it still with some white winter camouflage paintwork remains not much a bit around the tubed bar stand section the part is rusty but solid it has been very well cleaned and is perfect for display .The mount was recovered from the forest outside of the town of Wiltz on the Belgium-Luxembourg border the area was attacked and captured by the German 5th Parachute Division on 16-18th December 1944 during the German offensive in the Ardennes Forest the battle of the bulge in the winter of 1944-1945. A very nice and unusual relic from this famous battle and Hitler's last big offensive of the war.The item comes with a A5 laminated information card with picture.

    German 5th Parachute Division was a fallschirmjager (paratroop) division in the German Luftwaffe it was formed in France in early 1944, commanded by Gustav Wilke and was the last division to receive near full fallschirmjäger training. It contained the 13th, 14th and 15th Fallschirmjäger Regiments, and the 5th Fallschirmjäger Artillery Regiment.For the Ardennes offensive it was in the German 7th Army part of the 85th infantry Division attacking on the southern flank of the attack towards Luxembourg.

    Bulge MapWW2 PICTURE PHOTO Italy 1943 German paratroopers in R75 with MG 34 mounted  2328 - $4.57 | PicClick

    THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING. FOR INTERNATIONAL BUYERS IT IS A REDUCED RATE PLEASE ASK BEFORE PURCHASE.X