Relics from the Front Since 2010
  • 30mm armoured plate, original red undercoat paintwork from side armour of German Panzer 4 tank of 9th SS Panzer Division Hohenstaufen recovered near Camembert from the battle of 20th August 1944 from the fighting in the Falaise Pocket in Normandy

    £48.00
    Free Shipping!
    There is only 1 item left in stock.

    This is a large and heavy section of 30mm armoured plate from the side armour on a German Panzer 4 tank and very rare to get with so much paintwork ans to be such a large size .The armour plate still with lots of weld its nice shiny colour and has a lot of original paintwork red undercoat on one side and the cream colour paintwork from internals wall of the tank on the other side the section is 16 inches long and4 half inches wide it is rusty but still very solid it is relic but has cleaned up very well and is perfect for display or any collection and a nice bit of tank from the work horse and most produced tank of the German army in World War 2.The armour plate comes from the site of a destroyed Panzer 4 tank of 9th SS Panzer Division Hohenstaufen recovered near the village of Camembert from the battle of 20th August 1944 against the Canadian 4th armoured Division in the last days of the fighting in the Falaise Pocket in Normandy. The part comes with a laminated information card with pictures

    Panzergrenadier Regiment Hohenstaufen. The division saw much action defending against British armour during operation Goodwood During operation Jupiter Hohenstaufen destroyed 58 British tanks with many of them being Churchill tanks After the launch of the Canadian operation totalize, Hohenstaufen avoided encirclement in the Falaise Pocket and kept the narrow escape route from this pocket open. By the 21st August it was over, and the German forces were in full retreat out of Normandy. The Panzer IVs comprised around half of the available German tank strength on the Western Front prior to the Allied invasion of Normandy on 6 June 1944. Most of the 11 panzer divisions that saw action in Normandy initially contained an armoured regiment of one battalion of Panzer IVs and another of Panthers, for a total of around 160 tanks, although Waffen-SS panzer divisions were generally larger and better equipped than their Army counterparts. Regular upgrades to the Panzer IV had helped to maintain its reputation as a formidable opponent. Below picture is a panzer 4 tank of the 9th SS Panzer Division. 


    9th SS Hohenstaufen from Arnhem to the end > WW2 WeaponsHistory of the Panzer IV tank – Ausf. J – Battle of Normandy – D ...


    THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING. FOR INTERNATIONAL BUYERS IT IS AT A REDUCED RATE. PLEASE ASK BEFORE PURCHASE.X