This is a Very rare German Glasmine 43 Bowl which has no top. The bowl which has a large chip and loose part in the bottom which has taped in place it has a broken top but is pretty much un damaged other then that. The bowl still has dirt and muck attached also even some concreate it has been lightly cleaned since its recovery but would clean more and hard to find in such nice condition recovered from the battlefield it is perfect for display or any collection. The mine was used by soldiers of Panzer Division Muncheberg recovered from an old German Slip trench in the Werbig area on the Seelow heights this was the area defended by them during the April 1945 battlefield. This item is part of a group of relics recovered a few years ago and been in private collection ever since available for the first time outside Germany. The relic come with a laminated A5 information card with picture.
Panzer-Division Müncheberg began forming on 8 March 1945 in Muncheberg, Germany. The majority of the division's staff and panzer troops were drawn from the 103rd Panzer brigade which had been dissolved three days before; the brigade's commander, Major General Werner Mummert, was placed in command of the division.
The Müncheberg Division received several Panther tank type G equipped with Sperber infrared(IR) systems, as well as a company of Panzergrenadiers equipped with Sperber IR systems. The division received several of the superheavy Jagdtigers, as well as several King Tigers, and the last five Tiger 1 to be sent to the front. By 12 March the division's strength was 6,836 men. On 18 March the men from an infantry battalion of the Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler division were used to bolster the division's strength.
THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING. FOR INTERNATIONAL BUYERS IT IS AT A REDUCED RATE. PLEASE ASK BEFORE PURCHASE.