Relics from the Front Since 2010
  • German heavy machine gun parts used by soldier of the Panzer Grenadier Division Kurmark,relic and as found condition recovered, Carzig south of the Seelow heights the 16-19 April 1945 battlefield

    £35.00
    Free Shipping!
    There is only 1 item left in stock.

    This is part of a group of relics recovered from slip trenches used by German soldiers of Panzer Grenadier Division Kurmark on the 1945 battlefield .These are 4 German heavy machine gun parts which are a stand leg from mg42 also the magazine from a mg32 which is empty but with its insides also a end of a aluminium tin with paint remains and 2 sections of mg ammunition belt they are in relic and rusty condition but still very solid they are not braking up or falling apart at all they have been left in as found condition still with dirt and muck attached they can be cleaned if you wanted to either way they are perfect for display or any collection.The machine gun parts were recovered in Carzig south of the Seelow Heights the area defended by Panzer grenadier division Kurmark in April 1945 during the battle on the Heights part of the opening battle for Berlin. 

    The unit that was to become Panzergrenadierdivision Kurmark was formed on 30 January 1945 as Kampfgruppe (Brigade) Langkeit from Panzergrenadier-Ersatz-Brigade Großdeutschland ‘Gneisenau’ at Frankfurt an der Oder. With the launch of the Soviet Berlin Offensive on 16 April, Panzergrenadierdivision ‘Kurmark’ taken from reserve and moved into defensive positions along the high ground running through Mallnow, Carzig, Schönfließ, and Dolgelin. Mounting Soviet pressure forced the division to withdraw on 19 April, with the retreat taking place across the front. A rearguard covered the retreat from good defensive positions at Hohenjesar and Schönfließ.After retreating southwest it ended up trapped in the Halbe Pocket with the majority of the Ninth Army. What was left of the division surrendered to US forces near Jerichow on 5 May 1945.

    The Battle of the Seelow Heights was part of the Seelow-Berlin Offensive Operation (16 April-2 May 1945). A pitched battle, it was one of the last assaults on large entrenched defensive positions of the Second World War. It was fought over three days, from 16–19 April 1945. Close to one million Soviet soldiers of the 1st Belorussian Front (including 78,556 soldiers of the Polish 1st Army), commanded by Marshal Georgi Zhukov, attacked the position known as the "Gates of Berlin". They were opposed by about 110,000 soldiers of the German 9th Army commanded by General Theodor Busse, as part of the Army Group Vistula.

    This battle is often incorporated into the Battle of the Oder-Neisse. The Seelow Heights was where some of the most bitter fighting in the overall battle took place, but it was only one of several crossing points along the Oder and Neisse rivers where the Soviets attacked. The Battle of the Oder-Neisse was itself only the opening phase of the Battle of Berlin.

    The result was the encirclement of the German 9th Army and the Battle of Halbe.

    Image result for soldiers of Panzer Grenadier Division Kurmark

    Soldiers of Panzer Grenadier Division Kurmark