This is a .This triangular shaped pin has a gold metal front with some markings still visible including the swastika The pin is in relic but solid condition and a nice find from the battlefield.The pin was recovered from The Zeelow Heights near Berlin in Germany the 1945 Battlefield.The pin was properly being warn by one of the women who were helping build the defences around the Heights before the battle.This item comes with a laminated 5x7 information sheet.A very nice relic from one of the very last battles on the Eastern Front.
The Battle of the Seelow Heights was part of the Seelow-Berlin Offensive Operation (16 April-2 May 1945). A pitched battle, it was one of the last assaults on large entrenched defensive positions of the Second World War. It was fought over three days, from 16–19 April 1945. Close to one million Soviet soldiers of the 1st Belorussian Front (including 78,556 soldiers of the Polish 1st Army), commanded by Marshal Georgi Zhukov, attacked the position known as the "Gates of Berlin". They were opposed by about 110,000 soldiers of the German 9th Army commanded by General Theodor Busse, as part of the Army Group Vistula. This battle is often incorporated into the Battle of the Oder-Neisse. The Seelow Heights was where some of the most bitter fighting in the overall battle took place, but it was only one of several crossing points along the Oder and Neisse rivers where the Soviets attacked. The Battle of the Oder-Neisse was itself only the opening phase of the Battle of Berlin.