THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING AND UK SHIPPING ONLY
This is a very rare find from the battlefield German Tiger 1 tank fired 8.8cm KwK36,L56 steel shell case which is complete with its a C/22 electric primer only 88 cases fired by the Tiger tank had these. The shell case which is in relic condition but is very solid for a relic and is complete it does only have a very few small rust holes also it does have a bit of damage around the top neck. The markings on the bottom of the case can not be seen. This case is a very unusual and rare find from the battlefield which has been very well cleaned and is perfect for display or any collection and from a Tiger 1 tank in Panzer-Division Müncheberg from possibly one of the last 5 tigers ever sent to Eastern front during the last days of the war. The shell case was recovered from the site of a destroyed Tiger tank in the Werbig area on the Seelow heights this was the area defended by them on the April 1945 battlefield the opening battle for Berlin. The relic comes with a A5 laminated information card with pictures.
Panzer-Division Müncheberg began forming on 8 March 1945 in Muncheberg, Germany. The majority of the division's staff and panzer troops were drawn from the 103rd Panzer brigade which had been dissolved three days before; the brigade's commander, Major General Werner Mummert, was placed in command of the division
The Müncheberg Division received several Panther tank type G equipped with Sperber infrared(IR) systems, as well as a company of Panzergrenadiers equipped with Sperber IR systems. The division received several of the superheavy Jagdtigers, as well as several King Tigers, and the last five Tiger 1 to be sent to the front. By 12 March the division's strength was 6,836 men. On 18 March the men from an infantry battalion of the Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler division were used to bolster the division's strength