Relics from the Front Since 2010
  • German stick grenade carry case dated 1938 with last packed label in 1940 with original green paintwork recovered from old German dugout at Mairle de Pleurtuit near Saint Malo part of the Atlantic wall on the French coast battle August 1944

    £145.00
    Free Shipping!
    There is only 1 item left in stock.

    This is a German M24 stick grenade carry case which is dated 1938 on the outside and on the inside of the lid but the very rare bit has its last packed paper label remains which is dated 1940.The case does have most of its original paintwork which is green colour paint on the exterior and on the interior most of which is still very clear to see and retains a lot of original colour. Both hinges are good the lid opens and closes also locks but very stiff the case is overall in very nice condition with surface rust but does not have any rust holes it is also complete with its carry handle and fantastic condition case for a battlefield recovered case it is very good it has been very well cleaned and is perfect for display or any collection. The case was recovered from old German dugout in  Mairle de Pleurtuit a Town which was part of the defence of Saint Malo occupied by troops of the 7th Army the battle was fought in August 1944 during allied advance from Normandy. The case comes with a A5 laminated information card. 

    The town was occupied by the Germans as part of fortress Saint Malo. Its strategic position on the road to Saint Malo and the presence of the airport made it an important element of the German defence in Brittany .The American 83 infantry Division attacked Saint Malo and it was the American 126th Infantry Regiment which attacked Pleurtuit its self the battle for the liberation of the town lasted a couple of days after heavy fighting. The battle for the walled city Saint Malo and the fortress positions began on August 4 1944 Allied intelligence had believed that there were 1000 German soldiers holed up in the area enclosed by the old walls and had bombed it heavily, however, when the city surrendered on August 14 only 83 German soldiers were taken prisinor. The commander of Fortress Saint-Malo, Colonel Von Aulock, surrendered all German forces in the area on August 17th, 1944. Most of the German troops in the area where the remnants of the 77th Infantry Division which were badly beaten in Normandy they were involved in the heavy fighting around the port and were so further decimated that on August 15 the division ceased to exist. The infantry division was only formed on 15 January 1944 in the town of Munsingen they were sent to Normandy as part of the 7th Army.

    THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING. FOR INTERNATIONAL BUYERS. IT IS AT A REDUCED RATE. PLEASE ASK BEFORE PURCHASE

    Image result for ww2 german soldier with stick grenade