This is a German Tiger 1 Tank blown section of 26mm armour plate from the underbelly or the turret roof the only places that had that thickness of armour on a Tiger 1 the section has blown off the tank when it was hit. This is a very nice chunk which has a couple of bolt holes in it the section has completely ripped apart section that has been blown clean of the tank the part is rusty but has been very nicely cleaned it is in nice solid condition perfect for display or any collection and is a nice size at 15 inches long by 6 inches wide a are rare bit of German tiger tank recovered from the battlefield. The armoured plate was recovered from the site of a destroyed Tiger tank of
Panzer-Division Münchebergin recovered in the Werbig area on the Seelow heights this was the area defended by them on the April 1945 battlefield the opening battle for Berlin. The relic comes with A5 laminated information cards with pictures.
Panzer-Division Müncheberg began forming on 8 March 1945 in Muncheberg, Germany. The majority of the division's staff and panzer troops were drawn from the 103rd Panzer brigade which had been dissolved three days before; the brigade's commander, Major General Werner Mummert, was placed in command of the division.
The Müncheberg Division received several Panther tank type G equipped with Sperber infrared(IR) systems, as well as a company of Panzer grenadiers equipped with Sperber IR systems. The division received several of the super heavy Jagdtigers, as well as several King Tigers, and the last five Tiger 1 to be sent to the front. By 12 March the division's strength was 6,836 men. On 18 March the men from an infantry battalion of the Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler division were used to bolster the division's strength.
German tiger tank of Panzer Division Muncheberg in April 1945