This is a large internal engine part a pipework block connector of some sort with maker marks and a inspection stamp partly clear to see. There is also a electrical part an internal part from a large generator or something like that from the Ju88 bomber or the Messerschmitt 109 it was carrying as part of the mistel which are in very nice condition. The parts in nice solid condition not braking up at all and still retain most of there original colours they have been very well cleaned they are pretty much complete and are perfect for display or any collection they are around 5 inches long in size and are lovely reganiasable parts from this famous aircraft. The parts come from German Junkers ju88 mistel KG66 shot down on 1st September 1944 crashed at Hothfield in Kent. This nice pair of parts come with a A5 laminated information sheet pictures.
Junkers JU88 Mistel from KG66 crashed at Hothfield near Ashford, Kent at 23:45 on 1st September 1944. The aircraft exploded making a crater 12 feet deep and 40 feet wide.
On the 1/2 September 1944 - Two "Mistelen" of III/KG66 crashed in the UK, it is assumed that they had been launched against shipping targets. One crashed at Warsop, Nottinghamshire and the other at Hothfield, near Ashford Kent. The plane was marking targets for other bomber units - Pfadfinder (pathfinder).KG 66 used two bombing/navigation aids these were Y-Verfahren(Kampf) and Egon. The Egon system was a ground-controlled bombing system using a high-powered transponder in the aircraft (FuG25a) and Freya ground-based radar.
Mistel was originally a bomber airframe, usually a Junkers ju 88 variant, with the entire nose-located crew compartment replaced by a specially designed nose filled with a large load of explosives, with a fighter aircraft on top, joined to the bomber by struts. The combination would be flown to its target by a pilot in the fighter; then the unmanned bomber was released to hit its target and explode, leaving the fighter free to return to base. The first such composite aircraft flew in July 1943 and was promising enough to begin a programme by Luftwaffe test unit KG 200, code-named "Beethoven".