This is a large section blown section of front wheel sprocket German RSO artillery tractor. The track link sprocket part has ripped apart from the force of an explosion and there is 5 teeth the part is 17 inches long it is in relic condition but still very solid condition it has been very nicely cleaned and is perfect for display or any collection. The sprocket section of the 46th Panzer Corps as it was recovered near the Village of Gnilets attacked by them during the opening offensive of operation citadel on 5th July 1943 during the attack on the Northern side of the Kursk salient from 5th July-12th July 1943 in Russia. The sprocket comes with 2xA5 laminated information cards with pictures.
The German 46th Panzer Corps participated in the invasion of Yugoslavia. The Corps was created as the XXXXVI Army Corps and converted to a Panzer Corps on 21 June 1942.The Panzer Corps took part in Operation Barbarossa and fought in Kiev,Putyvl, Vyazma and Volokolamsk. It later fought in Rusa-Volokolamsk, Rzhev, Vyazma and Yelnya before taking part in operation citadel the battle of Kursk in July 1943 it was commanded by Major General Hans Zorn. It retired to the Svin area in September 1943.