Relics from the Front Since 2010
  • German 75mm PAK 40 anti tank gun steel shell case,nice relic recovered in Carzig south of the Seelow Heights the area defended by Panzer grenadier division Kurmark in April 1945 during the battle on the Heights

    £48.00
    Free Shipping!
    There is only 1 item left in stock.

    THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING AND UK SHIPPING ONLY

    This is a German 75mm pak 40 anti tank gun shell case for the famous anti tank gun used on all fronts by the German army this one was fired by Panzer Grenadier Division Kurmark. The case is steel made it is in relic but solid condition the case still has none of the markings on the bottom that can be seen there are some small rust holes in places and does have some damage around the neck and further down after being fired. The case is complete it has been nicely cleaned and is perfect to display or any collection rare to get a pak 40 case from this battlefield in such solid condition. This case was recovered in Carzig south of the Seelow Heights the area defended by Panzer grenadier division Kurmark in April 1945 during the battle on the Heights part of the opening battle for Berlin. The shell case comes with a A5 laminated information card.

    The unit that was to become Panzergrenadierdivision Kurmark was formed on 30 January 1945 as Kampfgruppe (Brigade) Langkeit from Panzergrenadier-Ersatz-Brigade Großdeutschland ‘Gneisenau’ at Frankfurt an der Oder. With the launch of the Soviet Berlin Offensive on 16 April, Panzergrenadierdivision ‘Kurmark’ taken from reserve and moved into defensive positions along the high ground running through Mallnow, Carzig, Schönfließ, and Dolgelin. Mounting Soviet pressure forced the division to withdraw on 19 April, with the retreat taking place across the front. A rearguard covered the retreat from good defensive positions at Hohenjesar and Schönfließ.After retreating southwest it ended up trapped in the Halbe Pocket with the majority of the Ninth Army. What was left of the division surrendered to US forces near Jerichow on 5 May 1945.

    The Battle of the Seelow Heights was part of the Seelow-Berlin Offensive Operation (16 April-2 May 1945). A pitched battle, it was one of the last assaults on large entrenched defensive positions of the Second World War. It was fought over three days, from 16–19 April 1945. Close to one million Soviet soldiers of the 1st Belorussian Front (including 78,556 soldiers of the Polish 1st Army), commanded by Marshal Georgi Zhukov, attacked the position known as the "Gates of Berlin". They were opposed by about 110,000 soldiers of the German 9th Army commanded by General Theodor Busse, as part of the Army Group Vistula.

    This battle is often incorporated into the Battle of the Oder-Neisse. The Seelow Heights was where some of the most bitter fighting in the overall battle took place, but it was only one of several crossing points along the Oder and Neisse rivers where the Soviets attacked. The Battle of the Oder-Neisse was itself only the opening phase of the Battle of Berlin.

    The result was the encirclement of the German 9th Army and the Battle of Halbe.

    7.5 cm PaK 40 Anti-Tank Gun, one the best of WW2


    Reviews