THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING AND UK SHIPPING ONLYTHIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING AND UK SHIPPING ONLY
This is a German model 39 egg grenade which is empty and inert the case is pretty much complete apart from a couple of pin prick rust holes it is empty and inert. The grenade case is still complete with its fuse holder on the top this is loose from the case. The grenade is empty it is very solid not braking up at all and a nice condition relic that has been very well cleaned and is perfect for display or any collection. The grenade was recovered from an old German Slip trench in the Werbig area on the Seelow heights this was the area defended by them during the April 1945 battlefield. This item is part of a group of relics recovered a few years ago and been in private collection ever since available for the first time outside Germany. The grenade comes with a laminated A5 information card with picture.
Panzer-Division Müncheberg began forming on 8 March 1945 in Muncheberg, Germany. The majority of the division's staff and panzer troops were drawn from the 103rd Panzer brigade which had been dissolved three days before; the brigade's commander, Major General Werner Mummert, was placed in command of the division.
The Müncheberg Division received several Panther tank type G equipped with Sperber infrared(IR) systems, as well as a company of Panzergrenadiers equipped with Sperber IR systems. The division received several of the superheavy Jagdtigers, as well as several King Tigers, and the last five Tiger 1 to be sent to the front. By 12 March the division's strength was 6,836 men. On 18 March the men from an infantry battalion of the Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler division were used to bolster the division's strength.