Relics from the Front Since 2010
  • German 30mm armour plate from upper or lower hull armour or turret side armour of Panzer 4 tank of the 9th SS Panzer division Hohenstaufen recovered near the village of Camembert from the battle of 20th August 1944 in the Falaise Pocket in Normandy

    £60.00
    Free Shipping!
    There is only 1 item left in stock.

    This is a very nice and hard to find blown section of armour plate blown off the tank when it was hit it is 30mm armour plate from from upper or lower hull armour or turret side armour of Panzer 4 tank of the 9th SS Panzer division. This is a nice bit with some paintwork mostly red undercoat and white paint remains on the internal side and on the external side some original green camouflage paintwork can be seen and with some nice shiny weld all very clear to see and the plate has a lot of original colour. The plate has been blown clean of the tank the section is rusty but it has been very nicely cleaned and is in nice solid condition perfect for display or any collection and a nice size at 10 inches by 8 inches in size and a nice bit of tank from the work horse and most produced tank of the German army in World War 2.The track pin comes from the site of a destroyed Panzer 4 tank of 9th SS Panzer Division Hohenstaufen recovered near the village of Camembert from the battle of 20th August 1944 against the Canadian 4th armoured Division in the last days of the fighting in the Falaise Pocket in Normandy. The part comes with a A5 laminated information card with pictures.

    Panzergrenadier regiment Hohenstaufen. The division saw much action defending against British armour during operation Goodwood during operation Jupiter Hohenstaufen destroyed 58 British tanks with many of them being Churchill tanks after the launch of the Canadian operation totalize, Hohenstaufen avoided encirclement in the Falaise pocket and kept the narrow escape route from this pocket open. By the 21st of August it was over, and the German forces were in full retreat out of Normandy. The panzer IVs comprised around half of the available German tank strength on the western front prior to the Allied invasion of Normandy on the 6th of June 1944. Most of the 11 panzer divisions that saw action in Normandy initially contained an armoured regiment of one battalion of panzer IVs and another of Panthers, for a total of around 160 tanks, although Waffen-SS panzer divisions were generally larger and better equipped than their Army counterparts. Regular upgrades to the panzer IV had helped to maintain its reputation as a formidable opponent. 

    9th SS Hohenstaufen from Arnhem to the end > WW2 WeaponsHistory of the Panzer IV tank – Ausf. J – Battle of Normandy – D ...


    THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING. FOR INTERNATIONAL BUYERS IT IS AT A REDUCED RATE. PLEASE ASK BEFORE PURCHASE.



    Reviews