Relics from the Front Since 2010
  • RARE German soldiers complete dog tag rare late war zinc made for Luftwaffe field Division 12 with readable markings recovered in the Kurland Pocket 1944-1945 battle in Latvia

    £45.00

    This is a rare to find German soldiers complete dog tag which is for Luftwaffe field Division 12. This is a rare zinc made very late war production tag this is the complete dog tag it is in nice solid condition for a relic as zinc tags do not do well after being buried but this one with its markings readable but not perfectly clear but better once cleaned it still retains some of its original colour but it is dirty and damaged from being buried it has been nicely cleaned and is perfect for display or any collection and a very nice tag from this late war battlefield. The dog tag was recovered in the Kurland Pocket 1944-1945 battle in Latvia where the unit was destroyed. The tag comes from a very large private collection of dog tags recovered some many years ago from all over Europe from most of the fronts fought on by the German Army in World War 2.

    The 12th Air Force Field Division was set up at the end of 1942 as the Air Force Field Division of the 2nd wave on the Bergen military training area near Celle with the involvement of the 12th Air Force Regiment. The Luftwaffe Jäger Regiments 23 and 24, the Luftwaffe Artillery Regiment 12, the Panzerjäger Department, an engineer battalion, a cycling company, an air intelligence company and supply troops were created. After almost three months of training, the division was transferred to Army Group North and the XXVIII. Army corps on Volkhov. The division was deployed west of the Kirischi bridgehead south of Lake Ladoga. In the next few weeks, it was deployed on the Pogostje basin, near Lipowik and Korodyna north-east of Ljuban. On the 1stNovember 1943 the division was taken over into the army (for the renaming of the division in field division 12 (L). The IV. Division of the Air Force Artillery Regiment 12 was transferred to the Air Force as II. / Flak Regiment 6. On January 14, 1944, the Russian offensive to break up Army Group North began. Defensive and retreat battles followed between Lyuban and Tschudowo, via Wolossowo, Ordasch and Luga, as well as the withdrawal movement into the "panther" position between Pleskauer and Peipus lakes. Then in March 1944 it went to the area south of Pleskau, then north of the city, where the division between Pleskau and the Velikaya estuary was able to assert itself. After the Luftwaffe Field Division 13, which took place in April 1944, parts of the division were taken over: Staff Jäger Regiment 25 (L) with 1st Battalion as well as I. / Jäger Regiment 26 (L) and the I. / Artillery Regiment 13 (L ).At the time of incorporation, the division was retreating to the Embach section at the southern tip of the Wirtz lake. The division suffered heavy losses here at Wirtz Lake. On October 10, the division withdrew north of Riga to Courland, crossed the Aa and was used for coastal protection in Northern Courland. On October 13, 1943, the division received the order to move to the island of Ösel to relieve the badly damaged 218th Infantry Division. The division obtained the "Leo bar" on the Sworbe peninsula. On October 19, 1944, the major Russian attack began here and on October 23, the division was transferred back to the mainland and immediately used in the 2nd Battle of Courland. It was used in the Dzukste area and was also used here during the 3rd Battle of Courland.The division was in action in Courland until March 1945. At the beginning of March 1945 it was transported by ship from Libau to the Danzig area, where it was used during the final battles between Danzig and Sopot and was destroyed by the beginning of May 1945. Small combat groups were able to break through to Hela and escape to Schleswig-Holstein.

    THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING. FOR INTERNATIONAL BUYERS, IT IS AT A REDUCED RATE, PLEASE ASK BEFORE PURCHASE.

    German soldiers dog tag blank unused zinc made recovered from Berlin 1945  battle in the last days of the Reich | Relics from the Front


    Reviews