This is a German mess tin lid with some original green paintwork and what looks like impact holes also a drinking cup similar condition and small one man cooking stove which has some of its original markings clear to see. All the items have some surface rust in a lot of places and some rust damage as well but they also retain some original colour they are solid, not braking up or falling apart they have been very well cleaned and are perfect for display or any collection. These items were used by soldiers of Panzer Division Muncheberg recovered from an old German Slip trench in the Werbig area on the Seelow heights this was the area defended by them during the April 1945 battlefield. This item is part of a group of relics recovered a few years ago and been in private collection ever since available for the first time outside Germany. The relics come with a laminated A5 information card with picture.
Panzer-Division Müncheberg began forming on 8 March 1945 in Muncheberg, Germany. The majority of the division's staff and panzer troops were drawn from the 103rd Panzer brigade which had been dissolved three days before; the brigade's commander, Major General Werner Mummert, was placed in command of the division.
The Müncheberg Division received several Panther tank type G equipped with Sperber infrared(IR) systems, as well as a company of Panzergrenadiers equipped with Sperber IR systems. The division received several of the superheavy Jagdtigers, as well as several King Tigers, and the last five Tiger 1 to be sent to the front. By 12 March the division's strength was 6,836 men. On 18 March the men from an infantry battalion of the Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler division were used to bolster the division's strength.
THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING. FOR INTERNATIONAL BUYERS IT IS AT A REDUCED RATE. PLEASE ASK BEFORE PURCHASE.