This is a machine gun mount used in the rear area of a German sdkfz 251 half track. The mount bracket is pretty much complete it is in relic condition but has cleaned up very well and is perfect for display or any collection a cracking unusual find from the battlefield. The bracket which is 3 inches wide and was recovered from the site of a destroyed half track from near Rochefort which was a village attacked by the Panzer Lehr division on the 23rd December 1944 so this how we know this mount is from a Panzer Lehr division half track a very nice relic from the Ardennes Forest campaign during the battle of the Bulge in the winter of 1944-1945 that comes with a A5 laminated information sheet.
During the run up to the offensive, Panzer Lehr was kept in reserve on 15 December, the day before the offensive began, Panzer Lehr was still severely understrength, with only one of its two tank battalions ready for action, the other restored to its parent unit, the 3rd panzer division. Both of its panzergrenadier regiments were at 80 percent of its authorized strength. It had only 57 tanks (30 Panthers and 27 Panzer IV) and 20 Jagdpanzer IV/70's by the time the attack jumped off.
THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING. FOR INTERNATIONAL BUYERS IT IS AT A REDUCED