Relics from the Front Since 2010
  • SOLD

    £0.00
    Free Shipping!
    This item is out of stock
    This is a Russian soldiers PPSH41 machine gun near complete only missing its back wooden butt and its firing bolt and barrel are missing but still complete with the barrel cover and the whole top section is there it is de activated by condition due to the rust and pitting does not have any maker markings or stamps clear to see.The magazine does not go in properly very near but with further cleaning may well do the magazine does not have any rust holes overall the gun is in relic but solid condition it has been very well cleaned the metal is pitted and rusty but a very nice condition relic it is perfect for display or any collection and a very nice condition and rare find from the battlefield and very rare to find in such nice condition.The machine gun part was recovered from a pit of buried Russian equipment cleared after the battle in the area of Wandlitz which is north of the district of Pankow which is in North Berlin captured by the Russian 3rd Shock Army on there way to capturing Pankow its self on the 23rd April 1945 during the Battle for the city in the last days of the War and of the Reich.The gun comes with a A5 laminated information card with picture.

    The 3rd Army took Pankow, a suburb of Berlin, on 23 April 1945. A week later, two regiments of the 150th Rifle Division, 79th Rifle Corps in the 3rd shock army were responsible for erecting flags over the Reichstag on 30 April 1945, one of which was known as the victory banner.The Red Army crossed Germany's border on the 12th January 1945 and forced the 9th Army to retreat all along the front until it was deployed westward to the river Oder. Three of the 9th Army's formations were tasked with defending the Seelow Heights, which was the last defensible region before Berlin. In total the 9th Army was reduced to 100,000 men and 800 tanks and assault guns against which the Soviets had over 1,000,000 men and 10,000 tanks and assault guns. The Battle of the Seelow Heights started on 16 April 1945 when Marshal Georgy Zhukov’s 1st Belorussian Front attacked across the Oder. 

    THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING. FOR INTERNATIONAL BUYERS IT IS AT A REDUCED RATE. PLEASE ASK BEFORE PURCHASE. THIS ITEM CAN ONLY BE SHIPPED TO THE UK AND EUROPE. 

    PPSh-41 (Object) - Giant Bomb

    Russian soldiers PPSH41 machine gun near complete belonging to a soldier of the 3rd Shock Army recovered near district of Pankow in North Berlin captured by them on 23rd April 1945 during the Battle for the city in the last days of the War

    Reviews