This is a Track link from the most famous Russian light Tank of the war.The link is complete it has maker markings clear to see on the bottom of it the link is in relic but solid condition with no major damage but looks like it has been burnt in a fire it is rusty but has been very well cleaned so is perfect for display or any collection these links are not easy to find as this was an early war tank used by the 3rd Shock Army and were phased out during the war this must have been used on one of last ones used in Russian service or the other possibility a captured one being used by the German Wehrmacht as last ditch defence which ever one the tank was destroyed during the battle at some point.The link was recovered from a pit of buried Russian equipment cleared after the battle in the area of Wandlitz which is north of the district of Pankow which is in North Berlin captured by the Russian 3rd Shock Army on there way to capturing Pankow its self on the 23rd April 1945 during the Battle for the city in the last days of the War and of the Reich.The track link comes with a A5 laminated information card with picture.
The 3rd Army took Pankow, a suburb of Berlin, on 23 April 1945. A week later, two regiments of the 150th Rifle Division, 79th Rifle Corps in the 3rd shock army were responsible for erecting flags over the Reichstag on 30 April 1945, one of which was known as the victory banner.The Red Army crossed Germany's border on the 12th January 1945 and forced the 9th Army to retreat all along the front until it was deployed westward to the river Oder. Three of the 9th Army's formations were tasked with defending the Seelow Heights, which was the last defensible region before Berlin. In total the 9th Army was reduced to 100,000 men and 800 tanks and assault guns against which the Soviets had over 1,000,000 men and 10,000 tanks and assault guns. The Battle of the Seelow Heights started on 16 April 1945 when Marshal Georgy Zhukov’s 1st Belorussian Front attacked across the Oder.
The T-26 was the most numerous tank in the Red Army's armoured force during the German invasion of the Soviet Union. The T-26 fought the Germans and their allies during the Battle of Moscow in 1941–42, the Battle of Stalingrad and the Battle of the Caucasus in 1942–1943; some tank units of the Leningrad Front used their T-26s until 1944.Some T-26's were still in service late in war in other roles and some were captured by the Germans and re used in the Wehrmacht.
THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING. FOR INTERNATIONAL BUYERS, IT IS AT A REDUCED RATE. PLEASE ASK BEFORE PURCHASE.X