Relics from the Front Since 2010
  • Three German soldiers half dog tags all for men in the Wehrmacht of Grenadier Regiment 368 recovered from heights outside the city of Neubrandenburg defended by them April 28-29 1945 in the final days of the war against the Russians

    £48.00
    Free Shipping!
    There is only 1 item left in stock.

    This is a set of three German soldiers half dog tag which are all men in Grenadier Regiment 368 unusual to find 3 tags all together from same unit. These are zinc made mid to late war production tags these are the half dog tags snapped down the middle they are in nice solid condition for relics but do they have some damage with its markings pretty much readable they still retain some of its original colour but it is a bit dirty and damaged from being buried it has been nicely cleaned and is perfect for display or any collection and a very nice tag. The dog tags were recovered from the heights outside the city of Neubrandenburg which was defended by them on April 28-29 1945 in the final days of the war against the Russians

    THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING. FOR INTERNATIONAL BUYERS, IT IS AT A REDUCED RATE, PLEASE ASK BEFORE PURCHASE.

    Created on October 15, 1942 by renaming the 368 Infantry Regiment and subordinated to the 281st Security Division. At that time the regiment was in a section from Knewizy station to point 81.7 and from there south to Pustynia in the Demyansk area and was assigned to the 129th Infantry Division. The Regiment spent the whole war on the Eastern front in Russia the Ukraine and Latvia. On April 20, 1945, the major Russian attack over the Oder began. After the Russians broke through at Nieder-Zahden, the regiment was set off to counterattack Karow-Schellenthin at noon on April 20th, and was continuously attacked by attack aircraft. Major Langheld was wounded that evening. Major Dr. Focke took over the regiment again. During the counterattack on Hohenzahden, the enemy could be partially thrown back, but it was not possible to throw the enemy back from the heights onto the Oder. On April 21st and 22nd, the regiment tried to throw the enemy without success. On April 23rd and 24th, the regiment remained defensive in the Kurow - Kolbitzow section. The regimental command post was now in Barminslow. On the night of April 25th, the regiment was withdrawn to intercept the enemy advancing west. On April 27, 1945 the regiment was deployed between Prenzlau and Pasewalk. In the evening the regiment cleared the section and reached the Wolfshagen estate east of Woldegk on the Prenzlau - Neubrandenburg road during the night. The aim now was to reach the Elbe in order to be taken prisoner by the British. On April 28, 1945 the regiment defended the Wolfshagen section in the uncovered area. At around 2 p.m. the regiment left Neubrandenburg. The heights on the east and south-east edge of the city were reached around 10 p.m. Here the regiment replaced the replacement regiment "Greater Germany". On the night of April 29th, the regiment disbanded here. In individual groups, attempts were made to reach the Elbe and surrender to the British, which was often successful.

    Neubrandenburg which during the war there were two prisoner of war camps for Allied POWs of various nationalities were located in Fünfeichen within the city limits: the large Stalag 2-A and the adjacent Oflag II-E/67 for officers. The town was also the location of a forced labour camp for In 1945, few days before the end of the Second World War, 80% of the old town was burned down by the Red Army in a great fire, and about 600 people committed suicide as a result.

    Heer | The Nazi German Army 1935-1945 - Feldgrau

    Reviews