This is rare to find battlefield recovered German tornister back pack remains which is a clip or buckle which is maker marked and dated 1938 also with 2 leather straps as well .The leather parts are in fantastic solid condition for a recovered relic they still retain all of there original black colour the aluminium made buckle retains its original colour they have been well used by its war time owner the leather is solid not braking up or crumbling and is very stiff ware it has dried out still with some dirt and muck attached it has been very lightly cleaned it is perfect for display or any collection and a hard to find and rare relic from the battlefield .These tornister parts were used by soldiers of Panzer Division Muncheberg recovered from an old German Slip trench in the Werbig area on the Seelow heights this was the area defended by them during the April 1945 battlefield. This item is part of a group of relics recovered a few years ago and been in private collection ever since available for the first time outside Germany. The relic comes with a laminated A5 information card with picture.
Panzer-Division Müncheberg began forming on 8 March 1945 in Muncheberg, Germany. The majority of the division's staff and panzer troops were drawn from the 103rd Panzer brigade which had been dissolved three days before; the brigade's commander, Major General Werner Mummert, was placed in command of the division.
The Müncheberg Division received several Panther tank type G equipped with Sperber infrared(IR) systems, as well as a company of Panzergrenadiers equipped with Sperber IR systems. The division received several of the superheavy Jagdtigers, as well as several King Tigers, and the last five Tiger 1 to be sent to the front. By 12 March the division's strength was 6,836 men. On 18 March the men from an infantry battalion of the Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler division were used to bolster the division's strength.
THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING. FOR INTERNATIONAL BUYERS IT IS AT A REDUCED RATE. PLEASE ASK BEFORE PURCHASE.