The 68th Infantry Division recovered in craywick a village west of Dunkirk town itself defended by them during the Dunkirk pocket this was a battle part of the perimeter around the port stopping the German advance during the evacuation of May-June 1940.
The 68th Infantry Division was formed on the 16th January 1940 in Dunkirk. It fought Campaigns at the Battle of the Scheldt Estuary and Battle of the North the Division was part of perimeter defence of Dunkirk and captured at Dunkirk on 4 June 1940. Its final command post at Dunkirk. Subordination: XVI Corps of the Admiral-North.