THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING AND UK AND EUROPE SHIPPING ONLY
This is a nice pair of relic condition fired by German 3.7cm steel shell cases for the famous anti-aircraft gun. The cases are steel made they are in relic but solid condition and have no markings on the bottom that can be seen. The shell cases have no remains of there original brass wash or steel colours they are very rusty but solid with some rust holes and rust damage but they are not braking up or falling apart they have been very well cleaned and are perfect to display or and a nice one for any collection. The shell cases are empty and inert and were recovered in 2012 from the site of an old German flak gun position near the village of Buron which is West of Caen defended by the German 192nd Panzer Grenadier Regiment during the battle in June 1944 after D-day landings in Normandy, Northern France and come with 2x A5 laminated information cards.
The 192nd Panzer Grenadier Regiment was formed in France on July 15, 1943. The regiment was set up with the 7th Army. After formation, the regiment was assigned to the new 21st Panzer Division. On June 6, 1944, the regiment's command post was in Thury-Harcourt, that of the 1st Battalion in Verson, that of the 2nd Battalion in Le Mesnil.