This is a Large Russian vehicle metal storage tin 18 inches long by 6 inches wide and with bolt holes in the bottom used on tanks or armored vehicles. The box has some of its original yellow and green paintwork remains on it all over the box properly about 40% paintwork still on it. The box which has some dents and knocks from use it has light surface rust all over but not any heavy thick rust the box still opens and closes and the metal pull cord works and on the inside it is only light rust as well with more paint it is in overall pretty good condition which has been very well cleaned and is perfect for display or any collection.The box was was recovered from the battlefield on the Seelow Heights in 1945 the opening battle for Berlin.
The Battle of the Seelow Heights was part of the Seelow-Berlin Offensive Operation (16 April-2 May 1945). A pitched battle, it was one of the last assaults on large entrenched defensive positions of the Second World War. It was fought over three days, from 16–19 April 1945. Close to one million Soviet soldiers of the 1st Belorussian Front (including 78,556 soldiers of the Polish 1st Army), commanded by Marshal Georgi Zhukov, attacked the position known as the "Gates of Berlin". They were opposed by about 110,000 soldiers of the German 9th Army commanded by General Theodor Busse, as part of the Army Group Vistula.