Relics from the Front Since 2010
  • German ammunition wooden crate for 3 complete rounds for 7.5cm LE.IG 18 infantry gun with 2 paper labels maker marked solid crate with some re paint used by 116th Panzer Division recovered from near Houffalize in the Ardennes forest,1944-1945

    £70.00
    Free Shipping!
    There is only 1 item left in stock.

    This is a German ammunition wooden crate for 3 complete rounds for 7.5cm LE.IG 18 leichtes infantry support gun with 2 paper labels 1 on the inside which is near complete with some readable markings and a last packed date of 1944 the label on the outside has readable markings. The box is in fairly nice condition the lid has been over painted brown at some point still with some of its original black stamped markings both metal hinges in nice condition and work also the locks again work perfectly and complete with its rope carry handles the lid still opens and closes perfectly. The box still retains its lovely brown colour apart from the lid it has some damage but is still solid not braking up or falling apart the box still has some wood worm which has been treated it has been partly cleaned to show the markings and is perfect for display or any collection and comes with 2xA5 laminated information cards. The crate along with other parts were taken from abandoned German vehicles after the war in the village of Mont which is just North of Houffalize all the vehicles belonged to the 116th Panzer Division. It was taken of the tank or vehicle properly in around 1946-1948 by a local farmer and was used on his farm for many years until it was found by a local collector who had them in his private collection until 2020 when it left the Ardennes area for the first time since the war. This is a very nice relic from the Ardennes Forest campaign during the battle of the Bulge in the winter of 1944-1945.This real bit of history from this famous battle which was Hitlers last offensive in the West.

    The 116th Panzer Division, also known as the "Windhund (Greyhound) Division", was an armoured formation that was constituted in the Rhineland and Westphalia areas of western Germany in March 1944 from the remnants of the 16th Panzergrenadier Division, and the 179th Reserve Panzer Division. The 16th had suffered heavy casualties in combat on the Eastern Front near Stalingrad, and the 179th was a second-line formation that had been on occupation duty in France since 1943.

    THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING. FOR INTERNATIONAL BUYERS, IT IS AT A REDUCED RATE. PLEASE ASK BEFORE PURCHASE.
    SS001 7.5cm Infantry Gun with Crew