This is a Rare early war German double Tellermine 35 carrier in very nice relic condition.The metal made box which is not to badly damaged, the lid is there but the hinge is broken so the lid is loose from the base the locks are there and work ok it is complete with its metal carry handle and has a fair bit of black paintwork remains very clear to see and white stamped markings on the front of it and on the inside it has some paintwork as well it is in nice solid condition not falling apart it does have some rust holes and rust damage on the bottom but that is it but a light surface rust all over it is unusual to get a nice example of this unusual type of box.The German tellermine box was recovered from the Defensive positions used by the 20th Panzergrenadier Division which are North-East of Potsdam the German defence line for the battle of Berlin in April 1945 the fighting in last days of the Reich and defence of the Capital against the Russians. The box comes with 2x A5 laminated information cards with pictures.
The 20th Panzergrenadier Division was formed on June 23, 1943 by renaming and reorganizing the 20th Infantry Division (mot). The division was refreshed in terms of personnel and material in preparation for Operation "Zitadelle". At the beginning of July 1943, the division was transferred to the 2nd Panzer Army in the area west of Orel. During Operation "Zitadelle", the German offensive at Kursk, the division was first an OKH reserve and was then used north of Kursk. After the German offensive was broken off, the division found itself in heavy defensive fighting around and north-west of Orel. At the end of September 1943, the division was transferred to the north wing of Army Group South. In the bend of the Dnieper north of Kyiv. Then fought defensive battles though out late 1943 early 1944 retreating back to Germany . Between August and mid-November 1944, the division marched to the Vistula and was then used in the battles for the city and the Russian bridgehead of Baranov. In December 1944 the division was refreshed at Kielce. Between mid-March and mid-April 1945, the division was engaged in heavy defensive fighting on the middle Oder and around Küstrin. From April 16, 1945, the division was used in the centre of the German defence against the Russian attack on Berlin starting out in defensive line North-East of Potsdam this is where they had heavy casualties from the fighting against the Russians the remains of The division was pushed back in to the city itself with the remnants surrendering to the Americans in May 1945.
THIS ITEM IS FREE UK SHIPPING. FOR INTERNATIONAL BUYERS IT IS A REDUCED RATE PLEASE ASK BEFORE PURCHASE.